Thursday, July 16, 2015

10 // found

*Kat's POV*

I looked at Kristen after Derick's announcement, both of us having a worried look on. We looked back at him carefully.

"What?" Derick asked us, regarding our questioning looks.

"I think you need to sit down, bro," I told him carefully.

"Why?"

"Sweetie, one of your teammates didn't father Haley..." Kristen calmly told him.

"Oh my goodness, I'm not being crazy, I'm being serious," Derick told us. "We talked at the bar, and he was in Columbus for the Draft the night of our wedding and slept with a girl matching your exact description."

"Lots of girls can look like me.."

"Not just physically, but the rhyming names, being older, and the hockey thing...and Haley is his spitting image," Derick told me.

I stayed quiet as I took in what he had told me:
Patrick Kane was the father of my child. I can't fucking believe it.

"Shit," Kristen said in order to break the silence, "that was unexpected."

"What the hell am I supposed to do now?" I asked, sitting back down then sighing.

"Relax," Derick said walking over my way, "I'll break the news to him for you, and then you two can decide where to go from there, okay?"

"All right..I can't believe this is happening," I sighed as I sat down.

"What's happening?"

The three of us turned our heads and saw Haley making her way downstairs in her pink pajamas that matched her pink cast.

"You're supposed to be asleep," I told her.

"My arms hurting me," she told me.

I sighed and made my way up, but Kristen stopped me, "we can get her, don't worry," she said with Derick nodding behind her.

"Thanks," I told them as they started walking towards Haley.

"All right, princess, let's see what'll turn you into Sleeping Beauty," I heard Derick say as they walked upstairs.

I sighed again. I have no idea what I'm gonna do now.





xxxxxxxxxx


"Hey, Kaner, got a minute?" Derick asked him in the locker room after the morning skate.

"Anytime, bro, whats up?" Patrick asked as he walked over.

Derick had no idea how to put this delicately. The previous night, he had watched Orange Is The New Black in which Daya's mothers boyfriend told Bennett he was the father of her baby in a rather harsh way, but he didn't want to be that way with Patrick. He was just going to make this up as he went along.

"Um...so you know my sister-in-law, correct?" he asked him.

"Of course, I've met her like a million times," he said.

"And Haley?"

"Yeah."

"You like them both, right?"

"Of course!"

"Good! 'Cause you're actually Haley's dad."

Both men froze for a moment, but then Patrick erupted in laughter. "Shit, man...you're funny as fuck. You scared me there!"

Derick erupted in laughter as well. "Yeah, I'm really funny man, that's why Kristen likes me so much, cause I'm a fucking bitch to be around!"

The two men kept laughing some more, until Derick turned serious.

"But I'm not joking, you're Haley's dad. The woman you're drunk ass hooked up with on draft night was drunk Kat. Now you know, do whatever you please with this information."

Derick walked away, leaving Patrick stunned and alone. After a minute, he started walking quickly to the other side of the United Center to find the front office staff, and surely enough, he found Kat going over some paper work.

"Miss Stevens..." he said in hopes of appearing formal to everyone around. Kat looked up and froze for a minute.

"Did Derick talk to you?" she asked him. He nodded.

"So now we should talk, correct?"

He nodded again.

No comments:

Post a Comment